Why does joann.com takes so long to ship?

bzkriolgyal

I am so anxious about my latest order from joann.com. I ordered on the 11th, and to date (18th) they have still not shipped. I contacted their customer service and was assured it would be shipped by the 17th. But no suck luck.

ggggrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Has anyone else had this problem?

yes they always take a while. Last time I ordered, I think it took about a week (maybe a day or two more) for me to actually receive the items although apparently it took at least 3 or 4 of those days to get the order processed.

I'm sorry to hear that! I posted a question a while ago about their shipping time and got various responses. For some people, it ws very quick, for others, it took forever.

My one and only order (so far) took jut a few days to get here. I ordered it on Saturday and had it on Friday. It seems to be hit or miss with them.

:hug

If they told you it would be shipped by the 17th and it hasn't been, call them again and keep calling. Tell them to check on the order directly with the warehouse. I placed an order with them once and paid extra for overnight shipping and it ended up taking me 3 weeks to get the order. I called dozens of times and they kept telling me it showed in the system as being processed and would ship soon. I finally got angry and demanded to speak to a supervisor who then checked directly with the warehouse. Turns out, the warehouse had never received the order so nothing was being processed. My order was in permenant limbo. After much bickering, they finally shipped the order and agreed to refund me ALL of the shipping charges.

I don't know if you saw the other thread about JoAnn's online shipping time, but I shared there that my first order from them (3 months ago) took around 21 (business) days to get here. Absolutely ridiculous.

I have since ordered twice more, still very small orders using coupons, and it hasn't taken 3+ weeks again but definitely more than 2 weeks.

my one and only order from Joann's not only took forever to ship, but forever for them to take the money out as well. I don't know if i will order from them again.

As I am only recently back to my crochet love (see my intro for more of my story), I have a question: what are the best sites ONLINE to purchase yarn and other crochet materials, besides joann?

I would have said Joanns because my experience with them has been pretty good but recently I tried Craftsetc.com and they were even faster, good prices when you score a sale, and free shipping for orders over $25. There's also knitting-warehouse.com. They have a large selection, decent prices, and a fair shipping charge. They aren't terribly fast, at least not for me. It's taken 2-3 business days for them to process an order, then another 4-5 days for it to get to me. If I want anything from them I plan ahead.

Archived