Anyone familiar with this thread?

vatonc1

My mom picked up some thread for me today at the local Goodwill! Most of it was pretty standard, but there was one ball of thread I was particularly fond of... the problem is...I can't read the label...and I've never seen it before

I tried to take a picture of it, but the picture wasn't sharp enough for you to tell much about it :( Anyway, here is some info: It is a ball about the size of AuntLydias, Traditions, etc. It appears to be bedspread weight. It is sooooo soft and easy to crochet :c9:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

here is what the label says:

StrickSpaB ...fang's gleich anl

HAKELGARN Reine Baumwolle

110g. ca. 566 m

100% Baumwolle, gekammt, gasiert, mercerisiert

-reichlich kaufen-

Farbpartie sichern

Schonbuch Textilvertriebs GmbH

D- 71101 Schonaich

:think:think:think:think Hmmmm... :)

Any ideas? Did I mention it was really soft? :P lol?

it looked like german to me, so I ran it through altavista's babelfish - since it was mostly yarn-technical terminology, not much came through, but it looks like it's cotton! Here's what babelfish reported:

StrickSpaB... fang's equivalent anl HAKELGARN pure cotton 110g. approx.. 566 m 100% cotton, gekammt, gasiert, mercerisiert plentifully already book of textile selling GmbH D 71101 Schonaich secure purchase color portion

I'd guess that "mercerisiert" is mercerised.

it looked like german to me, so I ran it through altavista's babelfish - since it was mostly yarn-technical terminology, not much came through, but it looks like it's cotton! Here's what babelfish reported:

StrickSpaB... fang's equivalent anl HAKELGARN pure cotton 110g. approx.. 566 m 100% cotton, gekammt, gasiert, mercerisiert plentifully already book of textile selling GmbH D 71101 Schonaich secure purchase color portion

I'd guess that "mercerisiert" is mercerised.

Thanks! I wonder where I could find some more (short of going to Germany :hook ) LOL!

just as a funny side note, the name of it means 'knit fun' hehe

that is funny :lol

I've decided to "ration" it :devil ...to try and make it last longer :P;) ....isn't that ridiculous :hook !? I mean it doesn't appear to be an extremely high quality thread- the twist and sheen are fine, but not spectacular..., it's just so soft(I know I've mentioned that a bunch of times :blush )! It really just glides over the hook.

Archived