DOUBLE STITCH Designs for the Crochet Fashionistas

diamond

I looked through it at Borders yesterday. There are lots of different designs in it, but I think it is for the young and/or very fit person.

Well, if I can't wear the items in it, my DD can. :crocheting I've ordered my copy. Will let you all know how it is when I get it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got Double Stitch in the mail today and must say the projects are interesting. There are many things in it that I foresee in making either for myself or my daughter. Any many things that gives me ideas on adaptations. All in all I would say it's a pretty good book. I see the 'Shrunken Jacket' that Amy posted about and have plans on making it myself.

I think this is a great book! I wouldn't recommend the Shrunken Jacket pattern for any one who doesn't have a lot of experience working with patterns. I found that I had to make quite a few adaptations to make the ends of rows work out in a way that made sense for me.

Once I got over the fact that this pattern is NOT written in a way that allows each end of a pattern repeat to be symmetrical, then it was fairly easy to just look at the pictures, read the directions, and then figure out a way to make things work that made sense for me.

It was frustrating at first, but once I figured out (after exchanging some emails with the designers) the designers' style, it was very easy to adapt.

I'm working on another pattern in the book, and so far haven't had the same issues with it yet.

There are many patterns that I wouldn't be comfortable wearing, but there are also a lot that I am comfortable wearing, either as is or with a minor adaptation here or there. The shrunken jacket, for example, is exactly as shown in the book. I didn't change anything about it, whereas the other pattern I'm making, I will be adapting slightly. These garments are definitely designed to draw attention, so you have to be comfortable having your clothing scream out "LOOK AT ME!!!!!!"

Once I finish the second project from the book, I'll be posting a review of the book in Crochetville's new review section (items reviewed by Donna and/or me).

Archived