Your Favorite Yarn for Afghans

I never had a problem using RHSS when I make baby blankets. I also use Caron SS and I just got into Joanns Sensations the Boucle much thanks to my FGM who sent it to me and I'm also doing one with Bernat Coordinates which both are okay to work with you just have to use a bigger hook like a J.

My very favorite yarn for afghans, so far, is Red Heart. I know that a lot of people feel differently, but I have had nothing but good experiences with it when it comes to afghans. When it comes to the Super Saver yarns, I don't find it to be rough on my hands, it works up easily and it washes and wears like iron. The colors don't fade no matter how many times it is washed and dried, and it just seems to get softer and cuddlier with age. Oh, and I also love the Red Heart TLC yarn for just about anything that calls for knitting worsted. I have just had my first experience with Red Heart Plush thanks to 7Pawz and her Ebay auction, and I just loooove how that feels! I can't wait to buy some more in different colors and make something large with it!

My first choice used to be Caron Simply Soft, they seem to have changed something and the white now is grayed. I am using Red Heart Soft and Bernat Soft. As far as I'm concerned if it is not soft when I picke it up It will not be much better after it is washed.

Archived