Young Crocheters Group

Hello! I am an 11 year old crocheter and the other day a friend suggested that I start a thread for young crocheters. (Over-Mom's-shoulder-readers, this is directed at you.) Anyone 13 and under who likes crochet, post! Show us your work, gives us your ideas, maybe we can work on a project all together! (amigurumi or some other easy-ish project?) :)

I hope you get alot of posts. I'm 20 now, but when I was 11 I didn't know anybody my age that liked to crochet and it was a little discouraging. Of course now I know a ton of younger crocheters and I can't give them enough encouragement.

Good Luck with your group!!

Julee

My five year old (Maddy) wants to join your group, but she can't write herself, yet! She wants me to tell you that she is working on a blanket for her Barbie doll, with pink yarn.

Wha a fun idea I hope you get alot of kids to join you. Best wishes!

If you need any hepl with anythig we are all here to help you don't be shy

or afraid to ask for help. Good luck. :hug

I showed this thread to my 11yo daughter who crochets (she recently made a sweater and skirt for a teddy bear). She was interested to know that there are other kids out there who love to crochet, but I'm not sure she wants to join the board and participate in a thread. (I'll encourage her.)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow thanks everybody!

Lyndamic, please tell Maddy that that sounds really cool. I don't have enough patience to do blankets, even doll-sized ones, so good job!

Krakovianka, your 11yo sounds like a good crocheter. My mother, Jill-of-all-trades, had to make me join crochetville, and now I am up to my ears in doll clothes and amigurumi projects!

Archived