My head is swimming!!

At the urging of my husband, I decided today that I would purchase the cotton yarn to make that gorgeous pineapple skirt pattern that has shown up here numerous times. Yes, you read it right, my hubby is insisting that I get the yarn to make myself the pineapple skirt. I got my new laptop today, which meant that he inherited my big desktop computer to use for his music, so he sat down and was cleaning out old files and he found the pineapple skirt pattern stored in no less than 10 different places. He said to me (with a big smile on his face), "I guess you really like this pattern, huh?" and I said, "hey, I wanted to be sure I didn't lose it before I was ready to print it out to crochet", and he said, "well for Pete's sake BUY THE YARN!! Anything that you have stored in 10 different places BEGS to be made!"

So I went to the Elmore Pisgah site and at this point, my head is SWIMMING because I had no idea that the cotton came in so many different colors!!! I now have absolutely no idea what color to buy, so PLEASE HELP ME! SOMEBODY give me some suggestions as to what color to make this thing in, please? Thanks in advance for any help!

I'd go with one of your favorite colors. Skirts don't have to be black or navy anymore. Hubby is right there backing you up, so indulge yourself. I like blues and greens the most so I'd probably choose an aqua shade. So choose your favorite!

I'd go with one of your favorite colors. Skirts don't have to be black or navy anymore. Hubby is right there backing you up, so indulge yourself. I like blues and greens the most so I'd probably choose an aqua shade. So choose your favorite!

I looked at some of the blues and greens because I'm drawn to those colors as well, but then there was a color called "shrimp" that was beautiful, as well as a couple of the shades in the purple/pink family. I'll probably end up getting enough yarn for the skirt in at least two colors. I was very surprised to see how inexpensive the cones are when you buy directl from Elmore Pisgah, they are less than $7 each! They're always $15 and more when I see them elsewhere. I need 1800 yards to make the skirt, so I'll need cones. Twenty one dollars isn't bad for a skirt, IMO. I also have to get it through my head that Elmore Pisgah is always going to have the cones of cotton yarn for sale, therefore I CAN go back and get more at another time. I have the mentality that it's now or never with yarn because I'm so used to buying on Ebay. Maybe the teal. I really liked the teal. Or the shrimp. Maybe both. Gyahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol

I would go with a classic color like a beige-y cream color. Have you ever used Patons Grace? I bet that would be gorgeous!

Keep in mind that you can line it too. Origionally, I was going to line mine with an aqua green so that it would look like waves. What about the shrimp with a teal lining and beads?

Oh how I know the feeling of being over whelmed with colors.

That shrimp is just beautiful. If you want a little variety, look at the Orange sherbert. It is made up of shrimp and ivory.

The baby green is a beautiful shade of mint.

I do not evny you trying to figure out a color. Good luck and let us know.:hook

Archived