Reference Book

My dh actually bought me the crochet stitch bible. It has excellent pictures and instructions. I would definitely recommend it. Another one would be Donna Koolers Encyclopedia of Crochet- havent seen it personally but heard its great.

Hope you find what you are looking for!

• 2 weeks later...

ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CROCHET!!!!! It is the best book to own, tells you everything u ever will need to know. I got to use a coupon for mine, so it was only 12.50, it sells for 25., most stores carrying that sells yarn, wait for coupon and get it, you will not be sorry. It also has many many many stitches done in square form but it tells you the number of stitches to use to make pattern, so you can make anything you like. I love love love that book.

Excellent choices have been mentioned and I'd like to add one more: The Crochet Answer Book by Edie Eckman. I use this book *all the time*. It's also small and easy to carry. (There's a Knitting Answer book too if you knit) The Encyclopedia also has really clear pictures for both left and right-handed stitchers. Good idea about checking at the library - that's how I found my two favorites.

• 2 months later...

The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet stitches by Reader's Digest. The pattern stiches are the same ones that are in the Harmony Guides, but I prefer they way they are organized by weight and give a difficulty classificaiton. The book does not have chart symbols though, so seek out the Harmoney Guides if you must have chart symbols.

My dh actually bought me the crochet stitch bible. It has excellent pictures and instructions. I would definitely recommend it. Another one would be Donna Koolers Encyclopedia of Crochet- havent seen it personally but heard its great.

Hope you find what you are looking for!

If that's the purple one, that's what I was given for Christmas and I absolutely love it and have used it often.

Archived