curling edges on a round ripple?

I have been working on a round ripple. I kept seeing all these pretty blankets and finally had to make one for myself, especially since I recieved a $50 gift certificate to Wal-Mart for my birthday and bought 15 skeins of Red Heart Frosty Green! However, I have a question about this pattern. Are the edges suppose to curl up a bit? I know this has been asked before but at the time I didn't really pay much attention since I didn't have the yarn to make one. This curling bit however is throwing me off. I would love to continue but the curling... ack.

I am using this pattern btw. http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/angelcrafts/patterns/roundripple.html

I have made quite a few RR's, and the best way I have found to keep the curl to a minimum is to do 2 rows of the large shell and 1 row of the small shell. When I tried the pattern you are using mine curled using the 2 rows of large shell and 2 rows of small shell like it says.

How many rows have you done so far? What size hook are you using? Sometimes going up a hook size helps the curling as well.

I'm using an I hook and I would say I'm 25-26 rows in.

Do you think if i went up a size and changed the shell rows it would affect the look of the blanket very much?

I use Aggie May's pattern that uses the 2 rows of big shells and one row of small shells and haven't had any problem with curling ends.

Archived