American Idol

Kymberlina

I watched! He was his granny & grandpa. I was happy that Carrie won. I loved her singing with Rascal Flats! The entire show as good but long. I think they could have cut out a lot of the 'fillings'.

Didn't notice, I was much too nervous. :scared I freak out in the final rounds every year I didn't even crochet while I watched, like I always do.

Anyway... :grumpy I hope no one else mentions that :angrystoopid :angry show to me today. :bang And I thought my heart broke into tiny little shards when Clay lost... :irk Ground to dust this time, I tell you! :rantDust! *sob* Bo... :cry

Don't get me wrong, I like Carrie. I just want to hurt her voters right now. :tryme

At least I know Bo will be okay, though. :tup He didn't get the votes last night, but he's got a huge following and he's great at what he does. I knew from the word "go" when it was down to Carrie and Bo that they would both be very successful... they're two of the best performers to come along in years and they're the best two singers American Idol ever had. It still tickles me that it came down to a Southern rocker and a country chick... America has gotten it's taste in music back.

(Note: I added this right after I posted, but my browser suddenly decided to have a problem with the Crochetville forums and wouldn't post the edit.) Diamond, I don't agree with your choice, but I agree about the show. They didn't need all those silly, unfunny filler segments. :yuck If they needed to fill a two-hour show, they should have done it with singing. What I wouldn't have given to see another song or two performed by Bo with Skynyrd... oh to have seen them do Free Bird together! *moan of longing* :yell

I totally agree with you Captain Hook. It really didn't matter which one won, they both are going to go far and make it big! Bo with his 'rock & roll' and Carrie with her 'country'. I really had hoped they would have them sing a duet singing "I'm A Little Bit Rock & Roll and I'm A Little Bit Country". That would have been so cool. You know the old Donnie & Marie Osmond song. It would have been a great way to close the show out or even open it!

Cheryl, well, they did play a little bit of it. A duet would have been very, very appropriate, but due to the nature of the song I can't say I was hoping to hear any more of it. (Donny and Marie: not my cake and pie.) I have to admit that, done properly, it could have been funny. That would have been pretty dubious, though. After last night, I have determined that American Idol either needs better comedy writers or, even better, to give up the comedy sketches.

Archived