Mohair...what would you make with it?

karebear

I was given a ton of Mohair yarn and I can't figure out what to make with it. So give me some suggestions. I would most likely make something for my girls with it because it is pink...which is not my color.

I was given a ton of Mohair yarn and I can't figure out what to make with it. So give me some suggestions. I would most likely make something for my girls with it because it is pink...which is not my color.
:eek Uh well I hate to say it but I crocheted the last mohair like substance that came my way, since knitting is new to me I made crocheted lace shawls from antique patterns. Ok I found the knitted one I have been looking at http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTbranchingout.html I don't know if I am brave enough but if you can yarn over and use simple decreases it might not be so bad, I did buy some addi lace needles been using them on socks they are pointier and I do like them soooooooo maybe after I conquer the socks ............tee hee.

Wow that scarf is beautiful. I may have to try it for me. You know I have never made me project. But first I must finish my WIP and my 2DoList. LOL

I hear ya. I have been admiring an afghan in the herrsheners catalog for a while now. It is a kit as well. But I can't bring myself to buy it...it would be a 'me' project. Maybe I will get it and call it my Mother's Day gift to myself...lol.

I found a pattern on Ravelry that uses mohair and a strand of whatever you have in your stash in place of bulky yarn. The designer used it in mittens but I don't see why you couldn't use it with any bulky pattern :) I really like that idea!

Archived