Can someone try this? (no more help needed)

chickpea67

Question

I need some help! I was trying to work up a blanket last night from a pattern I have and ran into some trouble understanding the pattern. Could one of your pretty please work up a swatch of this pattern for me and help me decipher? I got to row 3 last night so if you DO work it up, could you take a picture of what it looks like at this point? I think I understand it all but verification would be excellent.

With color A chain multiples of 2

Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hk [ch 1, sk next ch, sc in next ch] across

Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc in first sc, sc in ch 1 sp, [sk next st, 2sc in next ch 1 sp] rep across, sc in last st, chg to color B in last st

Row 3: Ch 1, turn, sc in first sc, sc in first st, [ch 1, Lsc in next sk ch on beg ch] across, sc in last st.

Row 4: Ch 1, turn, sc in first st, [sk Lsc, 2sc in next ch 1 sp] across, sc in last st, chg to A

Row 5: ch 1, turn, sc in first st, [ch 1, sk next st, Lsc in sk st 3 rows down] across, ch 1, sc in last st

Row 6: ch 1, turn, sc in first st, 1 sc in first ch 1 sp ,{sk Lsc, 2 sc in next ch1 sp] across* sc in last st, change to color B

Row 7: ch 1, turn, sc in first st, ch 1, Lsc in sk st 3 rows down, [ch 1, sk next st 3 rows down] across, sc in last st. Rep rows 4-7.

LSC= insert hook, yo, draw up loop, yo, draw through both loops

Thank you thank you!

5 answers to this question

Thank you THank you THank you :manyheart . Thats perfect. Mine did look like that but the picture of the finished blanket looks like its worked from another direction so I was getting confused. Verification I was doing it correctly was great--now I'll continue to chip away at it now that I know I'm not messing it up. Seems like it will take awhile to get finished.

Thanks again

Isn't that the seed stitch? It reads a lot like the one I use to teach my beginners how to read patterns. :D

Archived