Irving TX-area meet up scheduled!

Martee

This is an open invite to anyone in and around the N Irving area - TexasHooker and I have been talking about getting a group going once a month or so to meet up and knit/crochet and chitchat, and now we have a plan in place.

When: Friday, April 25th '08 7pm-9pm

Where: Starbucks Coffee, in the shopping plaza at the intersection of MacArthur Blvd & 114, Las Colinas area of Irving

This will be a real casual meeting, so dress comfy and bring a project to show off and work on!

The location is probably most convenient for those of you in Irving, West Dallas, Grapevine, Coppell, Valley Ranch, etc - but anyone who feels like making the drive is more than welcome. The shopping center is in a really convenient place to get to (barring traffic) - it's right on 114, and 161 (George Bush) and 635 are both a real quick drive north up MacArthur Blvd. At this point we're probably not going to have a "set" day every month, we're just going to wing it and see how it goes.

Please feel free to PM either myself or TexasHooker if you have any questions, or just post them here!

Hope to see a bunch of you there! :hook

-Martee

Well, I might be able to come barring other things coming up. I am going to a baby shower after work, but can I get there from Arlington? I can take 183 and get off at McArthur, and go North, but from there I don't have a clue where to go. Do you have an address so I can map it?

I guess an address would have been helpful eh? Sorry about that!!

The Starbucks is at:

5904 N. MacArthur

Irving, TX 75039

972-556-9871

I'm trying to think of the best way to get there from where you are. If you get off 183 at MacArthur, you'll have to drive a few miles north to get to 114. Not a problem if you don't mind lights but if you prefer highway crusing it might drive you crazy.

Alternatively, you could take 360 north, avoid 183 entirely, and go on up to 121/114 and take that in to Las Colinas. It's a little out of the way, but it may be slightly faster since you're not sitting at a bazillion traffic lights. Either way, we'd love to have you!!

OMG I was soooo excited when I saw this!! Then I was quickly delated because we already have plans on that night!!! Please Please do this again!

I'd have my hubby drive me there from Fort Worth just to meet some of y'all.

So sorry I can't make it! Would truly come to another one. Post again if y'all decide on another month to do this!

Lauren

OMG I was soooo excited when I saw this!! Then I was quickly delated because we already have plans on that night!!! Please Please do this again!

I'd have my hubby drive me there from Fort Worth just to meet some of y'all.

So sorry I can't make it! Would truly come to another one. Post again if y'all decide on another month to do this!

Lauren

Maybe we could meet up sometime. I live in Arlington, about a few miles from southeast Fort Worth

Would love to!! I'm home 90% of the time with my health issures, so I'm free free free when you are! You just tell when's a good time for you and we'll do it! :clap

What a bugger on the date! Sorry it didn't work out this month, but I think we're going to do this again when we can. I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't mind swapping off locations every month or so to make it a little convenient for everyone. If you can't make the Irving meet this month, maybe you can let us know if you're doing something closer to Arlington/Ft. Worth next month - I'd be happy to make the drive.

Let us know what you plan, and if you can manage to swing by, all the better!

What a bugger on the date! Sorry it didn't work out this month, but I think we're going to do this again when we can. I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't mind swapping off locations every month or so to make it a little convenient for everyone. If you can't make the Irving meet this month, maybe you can let us know if you're doing something closer to Arlington/Ft. Worth next month - I'd be happy to make the drive.

Let us know what you plan, and if you can manage to swing by, all the better!

That sounds great!!! by the way, I teach at the JoAnn's on I20 in the Highlands shopping center off of Matlock. I bet we could met there!!! Hope you get some other people too!!!

Rotating locations would also be fine with me, so count me in! texasredhead, I hope you are able to make it to this one, even if you come late! And itzhunic, I hope you'll be able to make it to the next one! I think we could try to plan the next one with everyone in mind so that we can all make it.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I made a post here yesterday but I guess it didn't take...? Weird.

Anyway - I'm really looking forward to it! I'm trying to figure out which project to work one, how sad is that?

I get to have Starbucks coffee so infrequently now too so that's another bounces.

Man I wish it were Friday already!

Let me know how the meeting goes Fri. night.

TexasRedHead, I'd love to join you at your house!

Let's get something planned and see if we can't all make it at one time to meet and chat and crochet!!

Lauren

Just wanted to update:

Texas Hooker & I met up Friday night, I think things went really well. I had a good time - TX Hooker is really friendly and funny. I feel bad, I think all my chattering kept screwing her up with the pattern she was working on :)

I think we're going to try to do this again sometime, at least I hope we do! My May is pretty busy but if we can arrange something that'd be cool.

TexasHooker - thanks again, I had a good evening meeting up with you & working on my throw.

Martee

Oops, sorry I didn't check this thread until today! Yes, I had a great time Friday, and I enjoyed your chattering (and I know I did my own fair share of it, too)! It is so pleasant to talk about crochet with someone who understands (i.e., not my husband, hehe).

I look forward to being able to do this again, and hopefully more people will be able to come. I, too, am busy for at least the first half of May and the first weekend of June. If someone wants to suggest our next date/location, please do, and maybe we can find something that will work for everyone.

Thanks, Martee! I really did have a lot of fun!

Archived