B*L*O*G?????? What is it?

Lollie2639

Hi all.

What the heck is a blog? Is it a web page? I see many of you have one! How can I make my own? Where do I begin and how do I do it. I have stuff to show you too!

I am on my 2nd square of the 63 squares to crochet afghan. LOL.

I wanna be a blogger too but I dont know where to begin.

CrochetRN in Georgia

:blush

Blog is short for web log. It's sort of like an online journal. Whenever you post, it's like a daily entry, whatever you type, whatever pics you want to include, etc.

A lot of us use the free blog sites. I tried several, and my favorite ended up being www.blogger.com. Their blogs have URLs ending in blogspot.com.

Blogger offers a lot of premade templates that are all set up and ready for you to being posting. You don't have to know any html at all if you want to use one of these with no modifications. There are other sites out there that offer blog "skins" or templates, also for free. You just cut and paste the code for those into your blogger template.

I ended up wanting to use my own graphics and customize exactly what I wanted, so I wrote my own template using plain old html code. (A lot of the premade templates are done using custom style sheets, css, which I haven't learned yet.)

I would suggest visiting www.blogger.com and checking things out. If you have any questions once you get started, just come back here. There are lots of us who can help you out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived