Sunshine and Rainbows Baby Set-warning, very rough, will update

Shellie

Bootie and flower pattern not mine so not included

Okay, someone needs this for a shower this weekend so here is what I have. Its VERY VERY rough, only experienced crocheters can work out this mess. lol I will help if you e-mail but right now this is all I have. I am making another one right now so I can get the pattern down better since Evelyn already has the first.

Sunshine and Rainbows Baby Dress
fits a 3-6 month, closer to the six month size

Materials

"F" and "E" hook
measuring tape
yarn needle
one skein each of Bernat Softee Baby in yellow, blue, pink and purple

Bodice

With F and yellow, ch 105

Rnd 1) Sc in the 2nd ch from the hook and across, join, making sure not
to twist chain. (104 st)

Rnd 2)Ch 2, turn, ext sc around, join. [RS]

Rnd 3)Ch 1, turn, sc around, join.

Rnd 4)Ch 2, turn, ext sc around, join.

Rnd 5)Ch 1, turn, sc around, join.

Rnd 6)Ch 2, turn, ext sc around, join.

Rnd 7)Ch 1, turn, sc around, join.

Rnd 8)Ch 2, turn, ext sc around, join.

Rnd 9)Ch 1, turn, sc around, join.

Rnd 10)Ch 3, turn, dc around, join.

Rnds 11-15)Ch 3, turn, dc around, join.

Start working in rows.

Left Front

R1)Ch 3, turn, dc in next 22 stitches.

R2-7)Ch 3, turn, dc in next 22 stitches

R8)Ch 3, turn, dc in next 10, sk the rest

R9-28)Ch 3, turn, dc in 10. Fasten off after the last row.

Right Front

With yellow and "F" hook, fasten yarn with sl st in the 23rd dc to the
RIGHT of the split.

R1-28) repeat the steps of the left front

Assembly and Finishing

Sew the straps to the back, skipping six stitches after each side of front. Sc evenly around armholes and neck so it looks more finished.

Make buttonhole row three rows of sc wide, one sc in the side of each sc and 2 scs in the side of each dc. Fasten on RS so you end up back on the right side with the third row. Evenly space buttonholes along. I use the sc along, ch 1 (buttonhole), sc along, etc. method. Then I put two 2 sc's around the ch 1 because my crochet is so tight.

I sc'ed evenly along the button side just for finishing and positioned buttons on the actual dress instead of making more rows.

Using your favorite flower pattern make 4 blue, 4 pink and 2 purple flowers, sew as shown.

Skirt-do not turn and work in rounds

With "E" hook, fasten yellow with sl st in any st on opposite side of foundation.

R1) Ch 1, sc in same st, sc in next 25 st, 2 sc's in next st (sc in 26 st, 2 sc's in next) two more times. Join. (108 scs) Fasten off yellow.

R2) With blue sl st in last sc, ch 3, dc in same (sk next sc; 2dc, ch-1 in next) around. Join.

R3-4)Sl st in space between ch 3 and dc; ch 3, dc in space (sk next dc, 2 dc's in space) around. Join. Fasten off blue

R5)With pink, sk ch 3 and sl st in space before dc [ch 3, dc] in same space, (sk next dc, 2 dc's in space) around. Join.

R6-7)Sl st in space between ch 3 and dc; ch 3, dc in space (sk next dc, 2 dc's in space) around. Join. Fasten off pink.

R8-10) Repeat rounds 5-7 with the purple and fasten off after R10

Using color sequence of yellow, blue, pink, then purple; repeat pattern one more time. Use same fasten on/off technique. Fasten off after purple and you are done. You should have each color twice except for yellow. You just use yellow once.

post-15976-0-52666200-1395860709_thumb.jpg

post-15976-0-23717300-1395860712_thumb.jpg

post-15976-0-13325500-1395860715_thumb.jpg

This sound so cute! What size does it fit?

Wow, this is so rough I forgot to put the size. ROFL I will add it to the pattern but its a 3-6 month, probably closer to six. :)

Archived