Stitch Markers- I finished some!

I was hoping some of you that use stitch markers would help me out. I am wanting to make some home made ones, how many do you use at a time? What would be a good number for a set?

I finished some, check them out and let me know what you think.:cheer

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1253529#post1253529

I've used four at a time when I have been making socks (and I preferred them to be different sized or colored for this so I knew what was the beginning of the round and where was the other side for incresasing) Hope this helps :manyheart

I've used four at a time when I have been making socks (and I preferred them to be different sized or colored for this so I knew what was the beginning of the round and where was the other side for incresasing) Hope this helps :manyheart

Its does, Thanks!!:hug

Ay one else with input? I woulkd love it!

I tend to use scrap yarn and safety pins, mostly safety pins. I don't usually use more than 3 or 4 at a time unless I'm using them to keep track of a really long starting chain. For the start of rounds, if I'm using other markers as well, I usually hook a second safety pin into another one at that spot. :)

i saw a pattern the other day that called for 6 and one that called for 8 so i am not really sure - i never had any nice stitch markers until recently and i just love them!!

you might pm another viller here her name is "theladywind" she makes some of the most gorgeous stitch markers i have ever seen - she might be able to help you

Thanks Proudmama :) She PMed me and I helped her out as much as I could :)

Here is a link to my original thread where I posted some of my stitchmarkers. If you read the rest of the thread, there was another lady who was also interested in making some and there are some links available too :)

I'd say at least four, probably 6 or 8. I say this because of a sweater I'm working on right now. I had to mark both ends of a row (so I'd know where to seam to later) and then wanted at least one or two to mark where to stop on decrease rows and mark "right side" vs. "wrong side". That and if you've got more than one project at a time going....

I also agree that multiple sizes/colors are the way to go. I think the last couple of sets I made had around 8 in them. I'd personally rather have too many than not enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived