stop when you've had enough

I've been in that boat even in the day time, :lol. My worst work with the most time at the frog pond was when I didn't feel well, or annoyed about something. My heart isn't into it and I'm just working at it to have something to do rather than go to bed or argue about something. What a mess I can make then!!!!

Sunday night I couldn't sleep so I got out of bed and picked up my hook. I was so pleased and sure I had everything right that I didn't bother counting to see if there were actually 54 chain-3 loops at the end of a certain round. (You know where this is going, right?) Yesterday, about 5 or 6 rows later (more?) into the Between Meals Centerpiece the truth could be hidden no longer: I was off — waaaay off in my count. So I frogged a row or two and counted again. Still off. Frog more. Count again. Off. I finally discovered the missing chain-3 loop back in the part I had done while "being smart and getting ahead" by crocheting into the night on Sunday.

Lesson 1: If you are getting tired, stop!

Lesson 2: When the pattern gives you a heads up by telling you how many of something you should have at a given spot, for pete's sake, count 'em!

Lesson 3: While doing all this fancy counting, go ahead and count some of the other rows and pencil the correct numbers into your pattern the first time through. It might save you grief if you make it again.

Sheesh.

Archived