Need an idea!

My cousin is getting married and I was thinking about crocheting them each an afghan. I don't think they've decorated their place so I don't know what colors. I was think about doing black and white but they have a dog that sheds white hair. Do y'all have any ideas of what I can do?

Thanks!

How about using their wedding colors instead of black and white? Unless, of course, they used something that would never, ever go in any room of the house :P (mine were dark blue and purple... would have worked... some I've seen, not so much...)

I also vote for one HUGE one they can share and snuggle under... if you want to make two, make them for birthday or holiday... (IMHO)

Oh I guess it would've helped if I explain why I didn't want to do one big one. That would be my first choice but her parents gave them a BIG quilt for their engagement party. I figure that would be good for their bed but in my family, we have two afghans my great grandma made that we use all the time. They're perfect for watching TV, napping on the couch, taking on road trips (which my cousin and cousin-to-be do a lot), and I've even used it for an extra blanket on my bed. That way they can have one on the couch and one in the car or something like that.

Thanks again for the ideas!!! I'll definately ask what the wedding colors are and see if that will work. They just live in an apartment right now so I don't think they have decoration colors picked out. You know, I could just write in the wedding card my intention and ask them what colors they want? Is that proper for a wedding gift? (I haven't been to many weddings...)

I love to crochet wedding things in Ivory. It is a "wedding-y" color and goes with most anything. You can crochet the date in the wedding colors, trim it in the wedding colors, crochet a replica of her bouquet flowers onto a corner of the afghan, tie a ribbon from her bouquet (or a copy of it) onto the afghan, etc. Whatever you do is going to be so uniquely special to them. I'm sure they will cherish your thoughtfulness.

Patty

I think two afghans is a great idea. :) One for the couch, large enough for two to snuggle under while watching TV :hug The other on the bed, for the one who always needs just one more cover to stay warm :yes, thereby promoting marital bliss.

Neutral colors like ivory or grey should be welcome anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for all the ideas!!! CrossB4me, I think I will use a lot of your ideas. I think I will make it in ivory and I'll trim it with the wedding colors. Should I crochet in the wedding dates in the corner or try to cross stitch it in? Also, I will take lots of pictures of her flowers during the wedding and see if I can make crocheted flowers like it.

Archived