Question about graph afghans...

For anyone who does the graph afghans; do you cut and add colors as you go along or do you keep all the colors going at once without cutting (carrying them along the back of your work?); I'm not sure I'm explaining this very well, hopefully someone understands me. How do you keep the yarn from getting tangled if, in fact, you do keep them all going at once?:think I would love to try one of these but to me it seems VERY confusing!

For anyone who does the graph afghans; do you cut and add colors as you go along or do you keep all the colors going at once without cutting (carrying them along the back of your work?); I'm not sure I'm explaining this very well, hopefully someone understands me. How do you keep the yarn from getting tangled if, in fact, you do keep them all going at once?:think I would love to try one of these but to me it seems VERY confusing!

I'm with you! If I ever make one, I'll have to buy a pattern that explains all the steps. After that, I'll understand and be able to do them just from a graph.

I use separate balls of yarn for mine. I'll be doing a free class for the Cat afghan that will show you how to change colors in a graph using single crochet. This is not for the Tunisian graphs.

In the Original Patterns section there is a thread that says Cat Afghan CAL. My class is limited to those that have posted in that thread. If you want to be in the class, go to that thread and let me know.

Rule of thumb I learned was never carry yarn over more than 5 stitches. And don't carry a dark behind a light color because the dark will show through. :hook

Archived