Anyone from Staten Island, New York???

• 1 month later...

I used to live in Staten Island. We moved upstate 6 years ago this month. I have a much larger home and more land now and for that I am happy but I do miss the shopping on New Dorp Lane & the Railroads and of course the Mall. There is only a Shop Rite and a local grocery here, a couple of Dollar Stores and a lady that sells limited brands of yarn in her garage store. When I need something special I have to go 45 min in any direction. Thank goodness for internet shopping.

:welcome

I'm not from Staten Island but my mother was. South Beach. Much of her family is still in Staten Island. My Uncle John is 90+ years old and still lives in the family house there. I go there to visit relatives every once in a while.

Staten Island has changed a lot. It's very, very crowded now. We plan to move to Upstate New York as soon as we finish renovating out old house. It's taking a while since we are not handy...at all :)

Yes I know, Staten Island is very crowded! My cousin had a house built there maybe 7 years ago. She has no property, just the square of land the house sits on and a very narrow, very short strip of driveway. Enough for one car only. There's no place to walk between the houses unless you turn sideways. LOL I could stick my hand out her kitchen window and touch the neighbors next door. That brings new meaning to "reach out and touch someone". ;) No back yard, no place to plant flowers, no front lawn, nothing. Yet that's what she wanted and she paid dearly for that tiny piece of land. I can't understand it myself but then I never lived there. Good luck on your move. I moved from New Jersey to Rhode Island many years ago and I still miss NJ pizza BUT it's much more fun to go visit, eat pizza, and come back home. I don't miss the NJ traffic!

Archived