Excellent deal on thread!

I posted this in the thread section first, but thought I would post it here as well in case not everyone sees it there. Amy, if there is a problem with me posting the same post in two different areas, feel free to remove this one. It's just such a great deal I'd hate for anyone who might want it to miss out.

There is a GREAT deal on thread being offered on Ebay right now. A seller is offering 5 rolls of white/silver Bernat #10 crochet thread for $25. Each roll weighs a whopping 10 OUNCES and contains 1,745 yards of thread! That's 8725 YARDS OF THREAD!! These are the rolls that normally retail for $16.99 EACH, being sold in a LOT OF 5 for $25 plus $8.95 shipping.

They are being offered as a "Buy It Now" sale. I bought one lot. I wish I could have afforded to buy two, you can't beat the price and thread certainly doesn't go bad, but at least I was fortunate enough to be able to scrape together the money for one lot. I really didn't need to be spending the money this week, but I couldn't pass it up. I'll eat next week. :lol I am planning to use some of it to make a Christmas tree skirt. Being white/silver it would probably make GORGEOUS snowflakes! Here's a link to the auction in case anyone is interested: Bernat Crochet Thread / White/Silver - Limited Quanitys - eBay (item 260211737476 end time Feb-23-08 12:46:47 PST) The seller has 14 more lots of 5 available.

Elle

I usually read posts by selecting from "New Posts" at the top bar. That way I see a selection from all the topics. For me, posting this in several places isn't necessary. I don't know how the majority of people view posts though. There is a folder for posting Sales, but I think you have to put dates or something in the subject line.

Thanks for posting that. It's good to see the seller isn't going overboard on shipping costs either!

You're welcome! And I agree about the shipping. That's one of the reasons I decided to go for it, because I've seen other really good deals on Ebay when it comes to yarn and thread, but the shipping was ridiculously high (in one case it was more than twice the price of the itme itself!) and it just made it not worth it.

Elle

I usually read posts by selecting from "New Posts" at the top bar. That way I see a selection from all the topics. For me, posting this in several places isn't necessary. I don't know how the majority of people view posts though. There is a folder for posting Sales, but I think you have to put dates or something in the subject line.

I should check that out. When I look for the new posts, I usually go to the last page and then look back until I find the last post I remember reading. It'd probably be easier to just find all of the new posts first. I never thought to put it in the "Sales" folder. I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. :)

Elle

Archived