Same Hand Crochet?

silkymist

I was watching Knitty Gritty...I'm thinking it was Sunday (ski hat episode)...

anyways, the woman was crocheting right hand, and holding yarn in same hand. I'm totally baffled over how this is done. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Guess this should have been one hand crochet.

• 3 weeks later...

That's how i crochet :hook I know it probably looks really strange but there is no way that i can hold the yarn in my left hand. I can't keep my tension correct and i never seem to have a good hold on my work like that. I guess i'm just a very right handed person, LOL.

I guess "how" you do it is when you go to put your yarn around your hook you sort of hold your project and the hook slightly with your left hand.

I think if i had someone teach me how to crochet they probably would have taught me the correct way...instead i taught myself and did it with bad habits :eek

:thinkWas the person sort of Knitting the yarn around the hook?:think

There was a young lady on this message board who actually crocheted inside out.

She held the yarn and hook in such an odd manner, it made my hands ache looking at it and she put the hook into the stitches towards herself and flicked they yarn onto the hook with her left index finger.

Her work was beautifully even but I think she was starting to have problems with her hands because of the cramped way she held everything.

:thinkI have not seen her on here for more than a year.:think

:lolI guess people do what works for them but I know that I crochet the "CORRECT WAY" because my Grandmother taught me almost 60 years ago and my Grandmother was my hero so she must have been right.:lol

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Archived