a children's book

For Christmas my parents gave my 5 year old daughter a book called "With Love From Grandma" written by Harriet Ziefert, copywrite 2004. It's a sweet story about the history an afghan. Let me quote the inside jacket cover... "When Katie asks where it [the afghan] came from, Grandma sits down to tell her a very special story about one summer with Nana, Katie's great-great grandmother."

I love that this is the story about an heirloom afghan that is knitted and crocheted. The grandmother teaches Katie how to crochet a bracelet.

I just thought some of you out there would be interested in knowing about this book. Maybe it's something you'd like to give to your own grandchild or other special child in your life. You can sit back, snuggle under an afghan, and read this book. Enjoy!

Oh that's sweet! It reminds me of a blanket I made for a friend of mine who was becoming a grandmother. It was a rainbow round ripple that was just big enough for her to snuggle with her grandkids while they read, like Reading Rainbow the T.V. show. :) How sweet!

Victoria

Archived