Donation returned...now what?

Tia

I know you've already found a place, but for anyone else who is looking - you had ruled out your local hospital because some of your stuff was too big for newborns ... they might take it anyways, for children who come in and need warm-anything to go home in. As a parent who brought thier 2-year-old home from a major children's hospital in January in a snowstorm wearing only a diaper and hubby's barn clothes, a warm-anything would've been appreciated. My son's clothes were cut off before we stopped at the first hospital and then we were transferred to the children's hospital ... no one checked to see if we had anything. I'm sure that smaller hospitals don't have a stash of warm things for kids.

I immediately went home and packed 4 emergency bags with copies of everything and an entire change of clothes, a warm hat, small blanket, extra adult t-shirt, pocket change for vending machines, and a few small toys - one for each vehicle, one for the back-door closet and one for the sitter. Just a suggestion for anyone needing ideas.

Fran

• 4 weeks later...

Just a suggestion to you or anyone else in Crochetville who needs a place to donate afghans ... Please consider: Binky Patrol (making blankets to give to children in need of comfort) who has chapters all over the country (or start your own chapter) or consider making pet blankets, a.k.s. Snuggles to donate to your local animal shelter or humane society (look at the Shelter Directory to find a shelter near you) .

Happy Crocheting!

EagleEye

• 2 weeks later...

you could ask your schools or daycare center they may need them or know of someone

who could use them . teachers and the like are pretty clued in to who is in need of things you know.

Archived