Stone Path Hat :(

I started this a little while back while on a business trip. It helped pass the time in the airports and on the planes. I finally finished it on Monday - it's been chilly and I brought it in the car to weave in just one end so I could wear it (the others don't show, so I figured I could weave them in later).

We were inside for a bit at a vet's office and I got warm, so I put it in my pocket. I then went to work and didn't think about it. As I was getting ready to leave work, I realize I don't have my hat!! I checked with the guards at work to see if anyone turned it in and I called the vet office. We even drove by the vet clinic to check the parking lot. No luck, it's gone! :(

I am so bummed. This was the first time I had tried making anything with cables and I was really pleased with how this had come out (slightly big, but wearable).

I do have more of the yarn I used (Rowan's All-Season Cotton in purple) and the pattern was wonderfully written so I can make it again. But still..

However, in the grand scheme of things, losing a hat is pretty insignificant.

And maybe whoever picked it up needed a hat way more than I did.

marillion

Awww, that's a shame. But you're right...someone probably needed it more than you did.

What will you do if you see someone wearing it?

I bet it's one of a kind, and you will surely notice it if you see it.

Archived