Ssssssurprise

BleenEyes

:hug

Hugs y'all. I have been gone far too long. My last post way back in September seems much longer, but I have not been well since the end of October with voice problems. Still not right but getting there and hopefully be back to full stereo volume soon. Anyway, thats not the reason I'm here

:D

I have a number of projects I am currently working on, more of which I shall post in the next few days/weeks. Today is a simple, quick and fun litte thing I made up yesterday. I have been dying to use this really bright orange yarn I came across and found the perfect way!

My little snake is made up with 3mm needles, filled with habico beads and a little creative stitching to help with the curves. Position can be changed somewhat for this one but I didnt want this version too flexible. Could easily be made with a pipecleaner and some general stuffing for total flexibility. Great for the kids or just for the fun of it. Enjoy.

snake2-full;init:.jpgsnake1-full;init:.jpg

snake3-full;init:.jpg

With the knit being so small and tight there is no need for anything to hold the beads in, although on the larger ones knit with bigger needles then definitely they should be in tights/stockings or something. Luckily this time I didnt need to do that.

Sorry to confuse everyone reading this. When I said beads I should have said bean bag beads. They are simple, fire retardant, polystyrene beads. I buy a bag of them (about 0.5 cu. ft) for about £3 or roughly $5-6. They last for ages and give better shaping and lighter weight than a fabric filling. If the gauge is small enough then you can use these without having to use a sock or something. Other ways i have used them is to line the inside with a polyester filling and use the habico beads to fill it as a centre. This works great too. I guess it totally depends on what you are making and who its intended for.

Archived