Deep V Sweater-Has Anyone Tried It?

Thanks Snugs. I couldn't figure out how to get the row count. It was so far off that I had to go to a huge hook even though I was using the yarn she called for in the pattern. Then the stitch count was way off so I had to make the smallest size. Even with all that, the single crochet pattern made the fabric like cardboard (cotton). I really like the pattern a lot so I will have to play with it a bit when I have more time.

The photo that comes with the pattern shows stitches that are much bigger than what I finally had with an H hook and she used an E! I'm mystified. :think

I'm sorry to hear there are gauge issues with my pattern. For the samples I made with the Sonata yarn, I used an E hook. The resulting fabric was very drapey and I thought it would make a nice sweater similar to many knit versions I have seen.

I made a sample in acrylic (Bernat Satin Sport) with a G hook. My testers got gauge with hook sizes E through I, not all were using Sonata yarn. The pattern does say to use a hook size E or size needed to obtain gauge.

This appears to be an excellent example of how everyone's tension is different. Is the solution to not list a hook size in the pattern? Maybe list the range of hook sizes by all the testers? Any suggestions are welcome.

I have found many patterns that using the hook size suggested creates a gauge that varies greatly, even if using the same yarn. Sometimes I have to play with it several times to get the effect I want. This is not unusual at all! My tension tends to be tight, so I try to allow for that.

Archived