Anyone in or around Mesa, AZ

oliveoil

Hello. Am looking for information about the Mesa area. My dh will be at a Science Seminar in Mesa on Feb. 29th. He will be at the Mesa Convention Center, 201 N. Center St. He would like me to go with him. But while he is in the seminar(8:00-3:15p.m.), I have to find something to do. Phoenix and the surrounding areas have changed so much that I haven't driven in these areas in (like)years!!!:eek I would like to know if there is a Mall(except Az Mills Mall-don't like it), a Michaels craft store or a Joann's craft store close by. If there is anyone out there that can help me with some info, I would greatly appreciate it. Please PM me!! Thanx!!

According to Michaels website, the closest stores are:

55 S McClintock Dr Ste 125 Tempe AZ 85281-2042

and

2060 E Baseline Rd Mesa AZ 85204-6965 (the corner of Baseline and Gilbert)

I've never been to the first one, but the second is small with limited selection. Just north of it (at Southern and Gilbert) is a JoAnns.

The only mall I've been to is Superstition Springs. Take US 60 East toward Globe and get off on Supersitions Springs and turn left. You can also get off on the next exit Powers Road where there is another Michaels. Just turn left for both.

Sorry I can't tell you anything near to the convention center. I'm closer to Gilbert and only know the things nearby.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the Fiber Factory is just a few blocks from the Convention Center. It's on Main in downtown Mesa. They have lots of yarn, lots of crochet books and hooks, spinning stuff, weaving stuff... etc. (and a nice sitting area for looking through books)

In Tempe, there's Tempe Yarn and Fiber which is smaller, but nice, too. Not quite so much crochet stuff, but friendly.

I haven't checked out the other local yarn stores in town, but there's supposedly good ones up in Scottsdale.

There's a big JoAnn's (that's really new) up at Dobson and the 202, north and west of downtown Mesa.

There's also supposed to be a Hobby Lobby opening in Mesa too sometime soon.

Superstition Springs Mall is near my house, so we go there sometimes.

Thank you for the replies!! Everything helps!! I'm hoping that some of the things are close to the convention center(so I don't get lost and can't pick up my dh from seminar :lol)(my luck I'd end up in Tucson:eek). My dh was on the net looking for motels/hotels close to the convention center. He did find a "TravelLodge". I'm always afraid to stay at unfamiliar motels/hotels that you find on the net!! We usually stay at the "Fairfield Inn", right off of Bell Rd. But that is quite a drive to the convention center in Mesa. Anyways, we'll see what happens when the time comes!! Again, thank you for the info!! :)

There is a hotel AT the convention center. Its a Radisson, and its right in the convention center complex. You may want to check with the group organizing your convention to see if there is a discount rate for the Radisson - there usually is when they are holding events at the convention center.

There is a hotel AT the convention center. Its a Radisson, and its right in the convention center complex. You may want to check with the group organizing your convention to see if there is a discount rate for the Radisson - there usually is when they are holding events at the convention center.

Thank you!! Will have DH check it out....:)

Archived