Anybody have a knitting machine?

I've seen the ultimate sweater machines and even seen the little portable wooden ones, and just wondering if anyone has used them and how well do you like it. Possibly thinking about a christmas gift for myself:)) :cane :hsanta :xsheep :sman

I don't know anything about the little portable ones, but I do own a full size knitting machine as well as a ribber attachment. I do not hand knit, so this was the answer for me. You can knit a whole sweater in a day. :knit

I love mine. If you do decide to invest in one make sure there are classes available. They can be very helpful as you get up to speed.

Seriously yes, a whole sweater in a day.

Once you have threaded the yarn and cast on the stitches, you just sit there and move the carriage back and forth. With each pass of the carriage you are knitting awhole row at once. :wowdrool

In no time at all you can knit all the pieces for a sweater. Then it is just a matter of blocking and sewing the pieces together.

You can get machines for either fine yarns or chunky. The difference between the two is the size of the needles.

If you would like to know more :thinking1 , I would be happy to try to answer your questions.

I can be reached at

angel2smom@yahoo.com :wangel

• 1 month later...
Guest thewinkybear

Hi everyone! :loco

I knit on the Bond knitting frames. And, yes, once you learn how to use them you can knit a nice sweater that you would be proud to wear in public, (and admit to knitting it yourself!), in a day.

I own a KnitSmart, which is a knock-off of the original Bond Classic which was made in the USA in the 1990s - until they lost a ptent-infringment lawsuit and were ordered out of business by the courts!

This is an 8mm knitting manual 'machine' which uses worsted weight yarn. In my opinion, the KnitSmart is much better made that the Bond Incredible Sweater Machine or the Ultimate Sweater Machine.

I also own a Bond Elite, which is a smaller gauge knitter for the finer yarns. Unfortunately Bond no longer markets the Elite.

If anyone would like to correspond with me about this topic you can reach me at : winkybear@comcast.net

:mail

Guest lillian1969

I own a bond knitting machine and can't figure the thing out.Right now it is in a box in my closet collecting dust:th

Archived