Need recommendation

kelleyk

My best friend wants to learn how to crochet after she saw an afghan I just finished for my MIL. Only problem is she's in TX and I'm in IN. I've always taught others by showing them, hands on. Is there any good beginner's books out there that I can recommend to her?

TIA! :yes

I like the 'Crochet Made Easy' CD by Coats&CLark (art CD103), because it shows the hand movements, something that many beginner's have trouble with when looking at book illustrations.

http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=82334&PRODID=70654

Each step can be repeated, skipped, etc, no distracting "frills" (althouogh I think the opening music is a little 'old-lady-ish' for they're target market LOL) and it also has a few beginner patterns. They're usually for sale around $& to $12, I occassionally at see them (crochet CD is pink, Knitting one is green) at walmart/Joann's/Micheals but more often also in several catalogs/online stores like herrschners. Look around online, you're bound to find it.

There's also some videos 'Crochet stitches in motion', is one that comes to mind, but I've never seen any of them so I can't say what they're like.

Crochet for dummies has been the best book I have seen for learning. It shows in depth pictures and it is really really user friendly. I bought it and have used it a lot.

Thanks for the info. She's around Corpus Christi area. I'm sure she'd use the videos and if she gets stuck, we could find her someone down there to help her.

There's a least two of us who live in/near corpus christi :-)

Archived