Yarn stores in Chicago?

MrsLewis907

I hope this is in the right spot...

We are heading to Chicago this weekend for a wedding tomorrow evening. We are going up a little early to do whatever, and I wondered if there were any big, neat yarn stores in the area. I'm not quite sure exactly what area we will be in, but the wedding will be right IN Chicago, and the reception in Orland Park. If anyone knew of any, I'd love to know...we're leaving tomorrow morning, probably by 9 am (takes us 3 hours-ish to get there).

Also, if anyone could relay information as to good areas to stay, for hotels, that would be awesome too...I am a total slacker, and hadn't booked our hotel room for tomorrow night, where the bride booked rooms, and now they are completely booked. Lookin for something cheap, but decent, in a decent location...we're kinda on a tight budget.

TIA!! :)

in orland park there's a place called knitting etc. http://www.knittingetc.com

directions on the web page but its in west 134th.. i go there when i have money. otherwise nana's knitting shop in crestwood on west 95th. http://www.nanasknittingshop.com which also has pretty super clear directions. but again these places are kinda steep for me, born n raised with the value of a penny ingrained in my soul lol

the closest joann's is in crestwood on Cal Sag road.. there's also one on 75th in downers grove..

then there's michael's.. in orland park on la grange road.

as far as hotels.. there's comfort inn on the same road as the michael's

it's not like the fanciest place ever but they usually have pretty neat prices and clean buildings. (continental breakfast! lol)

well i hope my rambling helps in some way, and if you would like maybe some phone numbers i would be glad to dig some up for ya :)

Thanks much!! I'll probably check out both the yarn shops. I'm not allowed to buy yarn as of right now (since Christmas is coming), but I still like to look, LOL.

Thanks! :cheer

Also visit a Hobby Lobby if you have time, if you haven't been to one before. That's my biggest place now to buy yarn.

Chicago is a wonderful place to visit. If you have time, check out one of the museums downtown. I love the Planetarium, the Shedd Aquarium, and The Field Museum. Navy pier is a lot of fun, and if you are coming down at Christmas time, everything is decorated to the max.

Have a great time.

:manyheart

Archived