I felted a ski mask!!!

judypudy

well, remember my DUMB ??? about making & felting mittens for the grandson.....

i decided to go with making a ski mask from "crochetbythehook" site first ( since that might not take as much effort as the mittens) finished it yesterday, soaked it in hot water & then dried it in the dryer. well, i just love how it turned out. :yaywill try to post a pic tomorrow. i tried it on and it fits perfect, so it should fit him. anyway the pattern called for a K hook & i used an N. made a few extra rows for the head part & made the ribbing almost twice as long( coulda probably used about 5 to 10 less chains in the length) but it is ok though. and i did end up using the 100 % wool that was on sale for half off at joann's.

so one more dumb ??? if you don't mind???? if this ski mask needs washing can i just throw in washer & dryer and it should come out the size it is now??? or should

it been washed in cold water & dry flat. sorry to be a pest but this is my FIRST

so called felting item. :blush ps. im gonna try this one on 3 yr old grandson tomorrow and see how i can make him one. ( may not do the mittens for either one of them though:eek) thanks for listening to this. judy

If you machine wash/dry the mask it may shrink more, so I wouldn't recommend it. Soak it in cool, soapy water, rinse in same temp water and lay flat to dry, patting into shape if necessary.

Joan

:lol THanks Joan,, that's exactly what i thoought. i don't want it to shrink any more. i think it is JUST the right size now. i'm gonna start one today for the

other grandson. (i'm sitting for him now, so IF i can get him to take a nap today) i will take a pic of the finished one. thanks again. judy

Archived