Kimono Shrug CAL

HappyBunny

I think the black would look great!:yes I like that this pattern has the contrast front and cuffs...there's so many ways to make it. I picked a dark blue Caron SS for the body and I'm going to use a variegated Homespun combined with Caron SS for the cuffs and panels. I seriously dislike Homespun but I think the contrast of the solid with the variegated, and the different textures will make an 'interesting' jacket....or it could be a complete disaster!;) LOL, but the yarn was on sale so it's an affordable risk.:hook

Hope that helps!

Kim

Hi Everybody,

Suprised to see this thread...missed it earlier.

Kim,

I started mine quite awhile ago. I lentghened it by about 5 inches ?

But here's the deal...on the trim I did one strand of SS then the next strand in Homespun, the next in SS, the next in HSpun...did not finish off either, just carried it along. Tricky..yes. :crocheting

Result is stuck away for further thought, after one front piece only. Because the additional thickness of the Hspun caused the entire piece to CURVE ..alot !

I'm not sure if the whole thing will look draggie and mis-shapen.. or if the extra curve will create a perfectly fitting garment for my large busted figure. :think

Just though you would like to know. :rolleyes 'Cause I'm still letting mine sit and stew.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Everybody,

Suprised to see this thread...missed it earlier.

Kim,

I started mine quite awhile ago. I lentghened it by about 5 inches ?

But here's the deal...on the trim I did one strand of SS then the next strand in Homespun, the next in SS, the next in HSpun...did not finish off either, just carried it along. Tricky..yes. :crocheting

Result is stuck away for further thought, after one front piece only. Because the additional thickness of the Hspun caused the entire piece to CURVE ..alot !

I'm not sure if the whole thing will look draggie and mis-shapen.. or if the extra curve will create a perfectly fitting garment for my large busted figure. :think

Just though you would like to know. :rolleyes 'Cause I'm still letting mine sit and stew.

Thanks for letting me know how it worked out with the Homespun:eek....I think the two skeins I bought are going to be set aside for something else and I'll just do the shrug in SS.....I think I'll get fancy with the trim instead of a different yarn.:yes

How do you like the pattern? It seems pretty easy to follow so far....:crocheting

Kim

• 2 weeks later...
I wish I had progress to show, I have not picked it back up yet.:( I think I am a wee bit intimidated after the first failure.

How can I help?? How about getting to where you had problems before and I'll try to help......

Archived