Knitting Machine?

karebear

I was thinking about buying one. JoAnn's have them on sale this week for $110. This is the cheapest that I have ever seen one. But I question how well it really works and I am not sure if I will use it enough to warrent the price. Anyone have one? Do you like it?

my mom has one and she loves it, i think she got it on sale online for like 90$ but you cant do anything fancy like cables or ribs without doing a lot of handwork to it, basically if all you do is stockinette st its great. my mom makes felted purses (think 5 square/rectangle pieces sewn together) so its perfect for her

I have one and like it alot. There are yahoo groups that I would recommend joining. They can give a beginner alot of help and direction in getting started. From one of these groups I learned that you should buy a silicone spray and spray the undercarriage. It will move so easily along the needle bed. Prior to learning that tip, I was ready to throw the whole thing in the trash. Be sure to give yourself alot of time to learn how to use the machine. In my opinion it requires as much time to learn as if you were hand knitting.

I have decided not to get one. I really like knitting and I have heard some very mixed responses on how others like this particular machine. Plus with it being this time of year (and the fact that I really can't afford one right now) I am just going to save my money.

Archived