elderly man robbed and beaten- can we help?

leaette

I just saw this on our local news. This man looks so sweet. I feel just horrible. Here is the article:

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/14704133/detail.html

http://kdka.com/local/elderly.attack.Elizabeth.2.596754.html

Here is the address for the fire dept that is helping him:

Buena Vista Fire Department, (412) 751-1820

Attn: Friends of Jack Junn

3333 Fire Station St, Buena Vista, PA 15018

I think I may send him some money and maybe some crocheted items. I'm just glad he got a new bike.

If you can't send anything, can you at least send a card or letter or postcard? I'm sure it would make him feel special.

What a horrible horrible story! I have to say seeing that he was unable to make it to ring the church bell for the first time in 66 years just broke my heart. I mean, it's probably one thing he really looked forward to each week and something that made him feel important. What is this world coming too.

Count me and my family in! He deserve to be pampered, that's for sure. I wonder..since it is in a town you live in would you be interested in doing a comfortghan? I'll make something, maybe a hat or something, it won't be much with the holidays coming and a few other commitments..but it will be something!

Donna

I wonder..since it is in a town you live in would you be interested in doing a comfortghan?

i would, however, i'm SLAMMED with christmas projects right now. i don't even know if i'll get them done in time for christmas. (it's even starting to give me small anxiety attacks!!!! ARGH!)

so at this time, I can't do a comfortghan.

but i'm sure he'll appreciate anything that is sent. my friend and i are putting together a care package with all kinds of toiletries, food, etc.

Ohhhhh my dear... what has this world come to... I will for sure send something to him.

I've just moved but i know i will either make him something or send him some store bought things... one of them flat rate priority mail boxes can pack a whallop of things..

Thanks for sharing this with us I know many of us will help.

God bless

Archived