Doily CAL anyone?

suzidemars

Well I'm pretty new but from what I can tell everyone works on the same thing and posts progress / problems? Sort of a long-distance crochet club I suppose!

And yes I did forget to mention the pattern would have to be printed / saved today. I usually copy and paste it into Word, just in case one of my small housemates decides to use the printed copy for coloring paper or an airplane.....

I also saved this doily, for the future to do list. I have way to many :hookcrocheted:hook projects going right now.

:mdustgood luck to all:mdust

I am so looking forward to everyones doily:yes.

wonder what :yarncolors:yarn everyone going to be crocheting:hook with?

sunnywolfgar

I'm thinking a lite yellow would be pretty. I have a nice deep red here but I think that waould be better for a hearts / pineapple doily I found.

I think it is just amazing how many people are willing to create and share such beautiful patterns for free! I would not be able to afford to do anything (seriously) if I had to buy every pattern I did. Thank you to anyone who has ever shared a created pattern!!!

I agree with you on being so thankful for everyone who shares free patterns. After purchasing yarn, etc. I wouldn't be able to afford them either. I'm going to look at my colors that I have on hand and will post which one I'm going to use.

Thanks again for getting this started.

Well Tammy it looks like just you and me!

I couldn't wait til my next trip near Michaels, and I can't buy anything online right now, so I went to WalMart and found some off white, almost yellow thread to make this with. I can always make it again if I find another color... I think I will be giving this one to my MIL if I get it done in time for Christmas.

They did have a yellow in the DMC Traditions thread, but I like the Aunt Lydia's better because it's not so fuzzy. The traditions reminds me of shoelaces.

I am using the Lydia's cream thread and think the color will be very pretty when it is finished. I have finished Rnd 1 and 2 but am stuck on rnd 3. Can you help explain it a little further? I'm not understanding the special stitch I think where it sayys to hold back last lp of each st on hook. Thanks!! How is yours coming along?

That confused me too, but it's the same method as the dc dec. You don't yo and pull thru until you have 3 unfinished dc on the hook.

I think I don't make sense, let me know if I'm not.

I just started round 9... it's pretty easy when you get the hang of it, but I am having trouble finding the tops of the slip stitches, there are 3 in a row and my kids keep hanging on me to see what I'm up to!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Tammy how are you coming on this?

I had done up to Rnd 15, then noticed I had screwed up Rnd 9 somehow and make too many scallops, twice as many as I should have. Now I am stuck and can't figure out how it's supposed to work. It's a real bummer, I wanted to get it done for a CHristmas gift.

I am on round 8, moving slowly...had to finish up a few Christmas gifts. Did you take out all the way to round 9? I'll give it a look at today and see if I can tell what is going on.

OMG, don't you hate having to rip out so much. I'm on round 12 now. I'm kind of slow at it and my eyes can only focus so long on the thread. How are you coming along with it?

YES!!!!!

I got it figured out, I guess I thought I knew the directions better than the writer..... being my 2nd doily ever, that was dumb.

I think I'm on 14 now too, I sort of put it to the side this week to get cookies and angel ornaments done.

Christmas is better at the END of a week I think!!!

I am soo glad to hear you got it figured out. Well, I thought I was getting ready to start rnd 15 and it just wasn't looking right. I think I really messed up on rnd 12.

Question for ya: When they are saying sl st in each of next 2 chs, sl st in next ch sp does that mean to sl st in next 2 indiv. chains then the next sl st in in the 7 sc chain sp?

I too like it better when Christmas is near the end of a week, it just has a different feel like this:) Have a great evening.

Well, I ended up having to rip out all the way to row 3, I'm not sure what I did but can just say it's my first doily. I'm now back on row 6 and it is actually looking much better this time around.

Have you had a chance to work on yours since Christmas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm so sorry I didn't get a notification on this post when you sent it!

I wasn't ignoring you really!

I'm so sorry you had to rip out so much! I hope it's going better now.

I've been able to work on it alot more, I'm on row 24/ I had to rip that one out half done. I'm actually enjoying my crochet / knitting alot more now that it doesn't HAVE to be done by a certain time for a gift. I will be starting in March for next years gifts I think! I think I will do this doily again for a gift. I'm keeping this one.

I didn't care for that pattern so I chose not to do it. I've done severa others though if you'd like to look at my work the link is in my signature.

Archived