Your "Black Friday" purchases

I didn't shop either. Just driving the few miles to my Grandmother's house was bad enough! On Saturday, I did go to JoAnn's, and ordered nine one pound skeins of Caron in off white. I used what I originally bought for that project in two others. For everyone who wonders why on Earth I need so much of one color, I'm making a three quarter sized bedspread-fortunately I can still get sheets in the JCPenney catalog-in the a reversible shells pattern that was sold in the late seventies at I can't remember what store, but I do know they don't exist any longer. I'm also fighting a second cat afghan. The first one is in Indianapolis. My sister got it about a month after she married.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was younger I did the after Thanksgiving sales. Kids are grown up and gone.... now my husband is half blind and we did go to a after Thanksgiving sale sometime after his heart attack that was years and years ago...and it was a BIG mistake going:worried. so now we do our shopping in November before Thanksgiving while alot of stuff is in stock. But what we love more than anything else is finding it on the computer the net and if you buy enough of what ever there at that web site, you get freee shipping. My husband loves it cause it come right to your door:yes.

No fighting the crowds and gettting :ohdearsmashed or knocked over :ohdearand no feet getting steped on:ohdear. no bumping against people, and its so elbow - elbow sometimes its hard to shop. Going thru that just in 1 store makes you so:tired.

We do much better buying thru the net:yes~~~

and best of all its almost always 75% of the time in stock!:yay

Friday was the first time I have ever gone out on Black Friday! I was kinda bored and said what the hey and left at 8:45 to go look at some yarn and stuff here was where I went:

Michael's

Lane Bryant

Bed Bath and Beyond

DMV to get my license renewed (December birthday!):clap

McDonald's drive thru

all before 10:00 AM!

Then I hit Joann's to look for yarn and pastry bags for decorating cookies, the line was from the front to the back of the store, but they had about 8 or 9 cashiers so it went pretty fast. Must have been a huge fabric sale, people were in line all over the place to get their yards. Took me an hour there,

But I was home by 11:00 AM, so not to bad for 2 hours and 15 minutes!

I finally made it to Michael's yesterday and also Hobby Lobby. Bought some nice yarn, and was really happy with what I got. Michael's didn't have enough of what I really wanted, so settled for something else...hope it works out. Found one more skein of chenille for the blanket I am thinking about making too. I spent about $45, which isn't too bad, considering some of it was originally $6 a skein, and was about half price. I probably could have spent that much more, but I decided to wait for awhile till they put their new stuff out. Hubby says I should have enough to keep me busy for a couple of years...but he doesn't seem to realize that you can never have too much! He doesn't mind, because he enjoys his hobby as much as I enjoy mine!

You can save on almost all these items during the year. Shop earlier! Most items have been offered that same low price earlier in the year. Very few items are a deal - its - a retail lie!!! Of course new items like for example, electronics, will be cheaper so go on line and the deals are sometimes even better.

Archived