Turning pineapples

suzidemars

I'm getting close to finished, but I think I'm doing it wrong again.

When I turn to do the next row of my pineapple, do I turn the piece leaving the hook in place or take the hook out? :thinkEither way it looks pretty twisted.

the "twisted look" makes a sort of picot-ish effect on the finished product. In other words, it's done this way on purpose instead of having a number of chains hooked at the turn for a "smooth" look such as for rows in a dishcloth.

just remember, if you do the exact same procedure every time it will be balanced and perfectly fine. In pineapples symmetry is the name of the game.

Once I'm done with the pineapples I have to go around with a border, and I'm concerned I won't be able to easily find each chain on the ch4 ends. It's already difficult to find the tops of them from the back. I suppose I could mark them........

As I work on single pineapples, I just ch 1, then turn, then sl st into the ch-2 sp before I start my ch for the next dc. This way, I don't have to worry about working a border afterwards, and once blocked, they turn out rather nicely.

Sorry Tracey ya kinda lost me, maybe I just shouldn't read so early....:think

What ch 2 space? The pineapples start and end at the sides like this in my pattern. ch4, tr in next tr, ch 3, sc in next ch 4 sp (and the remaining ones) sc in last ch 4, sc, ch3, tr in next tr and in 4th ch of beg ch 4.

Then it's just back and fourth like that. It's my first doily, so I am quite confused, but then again I am a naturally confused person. :eek

Archived