Felting patterns for crochet?

ldsjb

I am in love with the idea of felting. I even washed a thrift store sweater in hot to see the process. I bought a bunch of wool and would love to make some purses and sunglass cases. Esp-the sunglass cases for end of year little gifts for teachers. The problem is that I can not find any crochet patterns. All I am finding are for knit. Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me some guidelines for coverting regular crochet patterns to be felted?

Thanks!!

Lori B.

I have some info about felting bags up at my blog. Basically any simple bag can be felted. Just remember to crochet much looser than you normally do: in order to felt properly items must be made loosely. Oh, and make sure when you felt, to throw your item in with a pillowcase.

I just made another little mini bag yesterday & felted it. I hate out it came out, though - I used DC instead of SC to see ho it would come out, and it's okay, but not nearly as nice as sc. I'm actually going to cut off the strap & I'm just going to use it as a clutterbag either in my bathroom or on my side of the bed.

I think I will be doing a lot of testing-lol!

I did order a bag from your site but I was looking for tips on converting some regular patterns. I was wondering if the small pouch you include would be large enough to be a sunglass case.

thanks,

Lori B.

I think I will be doing a lot of testing-lol!

I did order a bag from your site but I was looking for tips on converting some regular patterns. I was wondering if the small pouch you include would be large enough to be a sunglass case.

thanks,

Lori B.

Add a few more rounds at the top to make it big enough for sunglasses and add a little flap instead of the button and you will be fine.

Archived