half circle or half hexagon shawl pattern

newthingcrochet

Question

I have 10 days to make a purse and a shawl for Christmas that we're having on Thanksgiving and I want to make a half-circle or similar shawl for my SIL. I know about the half moon shawl but I'm not sure if I want to do that. I'm using worsted weight yarn. I wanted to design one myself but I'm having a little trouble working out the increases and I just don't have time to mess around. I'm headed over to CPC right now but if anyone knows of one right off you could save me some time, which is limited right now!!!!

7 answers to this question

What about half a hexagon for the shawl...

Never made one myself, but I would think it would work sort of like a granny square..just make 3 dc-ch sp groups & at the end of the last, ch3 and turn and go back...or something similar. Know I have a pattern somewhere to do triangles for a tank top that would be similar principle but the triangle only started with 2dc groups and a ch sp. I will see if I can find my triangle pattern to help with this...

I was going to suggest one of their halfmoon shawls as well (they have about 4 of 'em, lol).

If you like the round doily look, check out Amazing Crochet Lace by Doris Chan, the chrysanthemum tea shawl! :hook Worked up nice and fast for me.

I was going to suggest one of their halfmoon shawls as well (they have about 4 of 'em, lol).

If you like the round doily look, check out Amazing Crochet Lace by Doris Chan, the chrysanthemum tea shawl! :hook Worked up nice and fast for me.

I have that from the library right now, but what I wanted was a circle but missing about 1/4. So I'm converting a doily, but also using a bit of the pattern for that purple poncho, can't think of the name of it, but the pattern is similar to they doily I'm using, so I'm combining them. I should have a picture in a couple of days.

Yeah, that's totally it. I thought about using that pattern too but then I found the other one.

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/Ripe.html

I'm changing it some though and putting more of a solid line around the wheat parts and I may shorten them and put another wheat head in between each. That doesn't make much sense but like I said, look at the purple poncho in Amazing Crochet Lace and you'll see what I mean.

Archived