How do you organize your WIP's?

I just finished organizing my stash but I seriously need to organize my WIP's. They are in totes, on top of my stash shelf, & two are laying on my crocheting recliner. I am trying to come up with a idea to keep them tidy, so this thread is good.:think I have a 3 shelf rolling plastic shelf thing that would be good & may use that if I can clean it out. It's full of junk, yarn etc right now. The top bin already has a couple of WIP's in it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!

I think my DH would be interested to know that I'm not nearly as bad as he thinks I am! :lol

There's a coat rack by our front door, and I keep small totes with take-along projects in them there. I keep whatever I need for the project inside the bag, and when I go somewhere I just pick up a tote on my way out.

I have a bigger bag with a WIP in it in the den....but it's almost done, so it'll be out of the way soon.

I'm working on a thread project, so that's in a small bag in the den. My eyes aren't what they used to be, so I can't take-along that project. I need a light and magnifying glass to be able to work on it with any amount of speed.

I've been working hard at reducing my WIPs, so I'm down to just one take-along and those other two projects. Not bad! My WIM list is a mile long, though! :lol

As for yarn, I have three tubs of yarn - two for "regular" yarns and one for things like fun fur, etc. Then I have a drawer with nylon cording in it.

I keep my patterns in two small tubs - one for clothing, etc, and one just for afghans.

I keep all these tubs on a metal shelf in the bedroom. Along with my other boxes and tubs of crafting things. I have a box of xstitch patterns, and a tub of xstitch supplies, a tub of material, two boxes of sewing notions, and a box of just general craft things that don't belong in the crochet, sewing, or xstitch boxes. Then there's the box of general crafting magazines I got off freecycle awhile back. They're full of great ideas and patterns, but they're in a category by themselves because each magazine has so many different types of things in it.

Whew! That's long just to type! I'm looking forward to the day (someday in the far-off future) that I'll have a crafting room, so that I can keep a table up and put out my sewing machine without having to drag it out everytime I want to use it. I have a dream of putting a daybed in the room, a recliner, a TV, and my craft things. That way when somebody visits there will be a room for them to stay in, too. I even know what afghan I'm going to make for the daybed! :lol :lol I'm hopeless, aren't I? :yes

i found my 2.5 plastic bags at the supermarket (Food Lion) and I SWEAR by them....they are GREAT, because they come in 3 different sizes L, XL, and now XXL! i keep all of my WIP's in the smaller ones and yarn stash in the larger ones

Archived