I found a hook (help!)

Tiggzie

I'm putting this in the thread forum because I'm assuming this hook is for thread.

Anyway my mom called me this morning to tell me she found one of my hooks in the living room and that she put it on the kitchen table. No biggie, I leave my hooks everywhere. However, this hook she found is not one of mine! No one else in the house crochets and we haven't had a houseguest in ages so I have absolutely no idea where this hook came from. It's not a new hook (shows small sign of wear). How puzzling!

I think it's definitely a steel hook (I can bend my smaller aluminum hooks easily and I can't bend this one at all). One side says FENQC or FENOC and the other says 0. I'm assuming the fenqc is the brand (never heard of them) and the 0 is the size.

So, all you wonderful crocheters, what can I make with this hook? What size thread works with it? I've never really crocheted with thread on my own.

And to think, yesterday I was thinking "Man I wish I could find a tiny hook to try to work with embroidery floss or thread." The world's forces work in mysterious ways.

*makes a note of size five thread* That's the biggest? Holy hera, I'm going to need my glasses for thread crochet hehe. Thanks for the help guys :)

*makes a note of size five thread* That's the biggest? Holy hera, I'm going to need my glasses for thread crochet hehe. Thanks for the help guys :)

Size 3 us actually larger than size 5...the bigger the number, the smaller the thread =)

Archived