45 h hooks are MIA! UPDATED

This sunday i start trying to teach 42 girls how to crochet. I just got the numbers and supply money yesterday. I called Joann's.com to make double sure that if I placed an order for 45 h hooks it would go out today and get here by Friday. Today has come and gone and I haven't gotten the usual "we've shipped" e-mails that I get with online purchases. By the time it clicked it was too late to call customer service to check. I'm so nervous.:worried I need those hooks by sunday. The wal-mart here is all out and the one joann's and michael's have in stock are twice as expensive.

Definitely follow up with a phone call to JoAnn's about the hooks. They seem to be having problems with getting their orders out lately. The last two times I've ordered from them, there was a problem. This last time was the worst and I probably won't order from them again, at least not for a very long time. I placed an order for a large amount of Red Heart yarn in various colors and paid the high cost to get overnight shipping. When the order didn't arrive on the day it was supposed to, I called only to have them tell me the order was just sitting there in their warehouse and they had no idea why it never got shipped out. They said it would go out the next day for sure. It didn't and I had to call again. They apologized and said they would refund me the entire cost of shipping and ship it overnight for free. In the end, it took two weeks to get my overnight shipment of yarn and then they turned around and charged me the overnight shipping anyway. When I called to get it refunded, they messed up and charged me for the shipping AGAIN. When I called back over that mistake, I had to argue with them to get them to refund me BOTH shipping charges. They only wanted to refund the duplicate charge and not the original. I had to demand to speak to a supervisor and told them in no uncertain terms that I was not going to be charged for overnight shipping on an order that took two weeks to get to me. They finally agreed and refunded me both sets of shipping charges. It was definitely not a good experience with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have had some difficulties with Joann.com also. I live in small town and I shop online for all my yarns. The last couple of orders I have had trouble. They shipped wrong yarn as it was posted wrong on website. They did credit me with purchase, but it was a hassle. Have a great day!

Archived