Seed stitch question....

boo1

I cast on about 25 stitches and did a K1, P1 row. When I went to do the 2nd (P1, K1) row, :think :think :think ......what?

I couldn't figure out where to purl the first one. I guess I better find a video! :blush

If you use an even number of stitches you can just K1 P1 each row, and not have to worry about starting with a purl.

But it looks like I have twice as many stitches when I start Row 2. Does that make sense? :think

After you knit a stitch, are you putting the yarn in front of the needle to purl, and then putting the yarn in back for the next knit stitch? You may accidentally be yarning-over if you don't switch where your yarn is coming from for each stitch.

:cheer You need to take the yarn between the needles when going from Knit to Purl.

You have created a YO, (Yarn Over) which is one way of increasing or making holes in you work.

If you want Seed Stitch, you need to have an un-even number of stitches and you will do K1, P1 across the row then end with a K1.

Just repeat this row and you will have Seed Stitch. (We call it moss Stitch)

Remember on another thread I told you how to do Basket Stitch, well, Seed stitch is just the same as that but smaller.

Now, you do need to come to visit me in NZ, dont you.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

PS, Remember it is necessary to crawl before you run/

I stopped at the knitting store today and the owner showed me how to do it correctly.

Yay! Now I can make something pretty!

:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

Archived