What to do . . . .

I'd go for the hook. I have N, P, and Q hooks. The Q I bought to make an afghan using 2 strands of bulky yarn - it is the fluffiest, softest thing, and the first crocheted item I kept for myself. In fact, I got the yarn to make another one in green. Hooks are good! :hook

Well - I did get the hooks, another K, an L and M. I sat down with the yarn, my new patterns and hooks. :hook I started and ripped out (not frogged, because that implies a bit of care or concern) all 4 patterns. :( I absolutely, positively, completely and totally dislike large hooks! :angry I then cast on my knitting needles, thinking that a simple stockenette (sp?) stitch would be lovely. :lol I did about 6 inches - and simply could not imagine spending the next 6 weeks trying to finish the thing. I've been off knitting for a few months now. My crochet ADD has completely taken me over. :lol Yesterday I stopped at Hancock Fabrics and spent $16 on Baroque thread - - - don't need it, not even planning a thread project of that size (and I have a footstool full anyway):yarn , then picked up DD's afghan again (ok the balls of yarn from ripped out afghans) and started a simple shell with my K hook, about the largest hook I can use and not feel like I'm crocheting with a toothbrush. :blush Since I have until Christmas to finish this, I may end up making a scarf, ROAKing the remaining 2 skeins and buying a simple medium worsted weight that my beloved (more so now that ever before) H hook will handle.

Archived