how to clean doilies?

My mother gave me 3 doilies yesterday and they need a bath. What's the best way to do this. 2 of them are varigrated pink and white and the other is mostely white with RED Irish Roses and some GREEN. I don't want the colors to fade and I don't want to ruin it.

I was thinking cold water and woolite? then when they are dry (hang them of course or lay them flat?) I'll block and startch them.

Thanks for your help everyone. :hug

:hook Yes - I wash mine in cold water and Woolite, separately- especially if they are different colors. I lay mine flat, then you can let them dry and put a towel over and iron, or while they are wet, you can pin them to the ironing board in the desired shape and just let dry.

hehe, I use cold water and dish detergent. :) Then, lay them flat to reblock. I don't starch doilies because the starch can damage wood surfaces, but I suppose you could.

Well I'm certainly glad you mentioned this as I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I'll hand wash then block as they dry. Gonna do it this week so thanks ladies for the information. I appreciate it.

:hug

Archived