"make two" anxiety

I still cringe a bit when I need to make two (sleeves/legs, etc.) I worry will they come out equal...especially when picking up a certain number of stitches around. In knitting when I can I work the two at the same time counting only one row for each across I'm not nervous, but in crochet oftentimes I'm making one first then the second. How about you?:think

me too, i don't crochet perfectly nor the same gauge even if i make them at the same time.. I also try not to make clothes for this reason. sad but true..

I find that my guage remains constant so it isn't really a problem. Make sure you do a practice swatch first for extra certainty of your guage. If you're really nervous, you could always crochet one row at a time while alternating the sleeves. You'd have two sleeves on the go at once, but that might help you to be certain that they'd be the same. But why don't you practice first to gain some confidence? Don't let nervousness keep you from making something new.

I think just like Coffeywoman. Attach a skein to each side and do both sides at the same time. That way, your work row by row, at each stage, is the same.

There's nothing to be nervous about. Put in as many markers as you need for the increase and decrease spots. I hope you aren't thinking more experienced people just KNOW where to increase and decrease. We know in general, but we use markers and we follow patterns too.

Mark down every row or round as you finish it. This helps a LOT of problems later. If you have to stop crocheting for a week, or a month, you won't have to recount. Ugh.

I have discovered also, that I used to have anxiety when making things I felt I "had" to make. Not anymore. Now I make what I want to make and I have ~ I can only describe it as "happy crochet." I know it sounds silly, but it's true.

Real Deal

Archived