Starting a Knit/Crochet club up on campus!!

I am soooooooo excited!!

A good friend of mine and I have decided to revive the knit/crochet club on our campus. There was one a few years back but it never really got off the ground. The club still has a lot of donated yarn so we will be working on various knit/crochet projects. Also I think we are going to open the club up to people who would like to LEARN to knit or crochet. We think that with the weather getting cooler and the holidays coming up, we should find a lot of interest. Heck, there are over 30,000 students at VCU!!

We already have a few charity projects in mind ,one of them will benefit my friend Lindsay I mentioned in another post. We also thought doing some squares for warm up america would be a good beginners project.

Can you guys think of any other projects or fun things we can do in our club? Any good small projects for beginners (crochet or knit)? Any other tips or ideas?

We are meeting today to try to work some stuff out, find a sponsor, and get this thing going. I am so excited!! :hook

Very cool!! I hope you find a sponsor.

I'd post signs in all the dorms about when you meet and the offer to teach people. You might get people to stop in once or twice or you might get people to join and stay.

I think the charity projects are a great idea and will apeal to lots of people.

I do charity projects in my group. We are a very small group (about 10 of us).

Although I have only actually met half of them. I do have a group sight on MySpace, since it's free. We only meet once a month or so. So that's a good place to keep in touch in between meetings. The people that meet up with us are only on my email list(they don't use myspace).

Good luck with your group! I have fun with mine. :)

Archived