WOOHOO!!! I found it!!!

karebear

I am so proud of myself for finding this forum. :c9 It tool me longer to figure this out then it did to teach myself how to knit. :lol

I finished my project of a Jacob's Ladder afghan and have been trying to find a good sweater pattern for my son for Christmas and decided that I should just teach myself to knit because I found so many patterns for sweaters that I like. So that is what I did today. I have been doing so well that I am making myself a sweater (for practice ;) ) I do have to say though that my index finger is sore though. I am not sure what as I use it the same way with crocheting as I do knitting.

Anyways, I just wanted to say I and join the gang. Off to work more on my sweater. Hopefully, my yarn will come soon so that I can start my graph ghan.

My index finger hurt when I started on my first project as well. I think it's because I felt so awkward doing the stitches that I was pressing too tightly with that finger to hold everything in place while I tossed the yarn over.

Congratulations on finishing the afghan and good luck on the sweaters. I'm still working on my first project which is a scarf. I think the next time I want to make a scarf, I'll use my knitting machine for it.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

LOL... You made me chuckle when I read your post. I had been knitting like a fiend yesterday trying to finish a baby blanket. By the time 10 pm came around my finger hurt too HaHa. I put it down and picked up the shawl I am crocheting on instead 'for a break' I saw a post for a crocheted sweater that I am thinking of trying to make for myself.... That is why I am trying to finish up the blanket, I try to only have 2 projects going at a time.

Yeah...I see that being me in the near future. Only 2 projects...one in knit and one in crochet. the hardest part now is that I am getting requests for stuff to make that I don't know what to do first...what I want to make or what others want.

I am starting to consider selling them...making them is the easy part, buying all of the yarn is where I am having all the problems with.

Yeah...I see that being me in the near future. Only 2 projects...one in knit and one in crochet. the hardest part now is that I am getting requests for stuff to make that I don't know what to do first...what I want to make or what others want.

I am starting to consider selling them...making them is the easy part, buying all of the yarn is where I am having all the problems with.

:yes Well, I guess it depends on what YOU want to do LOL. I have already made a baby sweater and hat combo and sold it....but most everything I make I give away. I do run into 'those people' Who have no respect for the time and skill involved in making something.....There is a mom at my daughter's soccer team who wants me to make her daughter a poncho....." I saw one at Wal-Mart but figured yarn is so cheap, heck with that... I could just pick up some yarn for a couple bucks and you could make one for me" Of course no mention of what my time and skill is worth, and no offer to compensate me, just figuring that I have nothing better to do. :angry THAT irks me.

Anyhoo, I usually donate everything I make to 'Online-Angels' All my kids have plenty of scarfs....but maybe making more mittends this year.:yarn

You sound a lot like me. I freecycle here and the stuff that I get from there I make sure that I give away. Or if I can sell something I use to the money to buy something that I cam make and give away. I would sit at home all day and just stitch away, if I could.

Archived