Yarn winders....with yarn packaged so many different ways...

boo1

how do I use this? RH is easy to unwind, but what about some of the ones that you have to dig in the middle for and don't always get?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but my DH is tired of untangling some of the messes I create (!) when I use yarn that doesn't specify how to get the end out.

thanks in advance!

I use mine for when I finish a project and have some yarn left. It makes the left overs much neater and stacks up nicer. If the yarn does not specify where to pull out in the middle, just take the end from the outside and wind it that way.

Once you wind it and make a cake out of it, you will be able to use the end that was the center. Make sure you tuck in the outside end.

I made a mess when I rewound the Lion Brand Organic cotton.:blush

Hope this answers your question.:hook

I love my new toy! I just bought one a week ago and I love it. I take the skeins that I have trouble finding the center pull and just rewind them on the ball winder. This way I dont have to dig for the center and end up having to untangle a huge mess. If you dont have one of these you have got to get one. Best investment I ever made.

I rewind my new yarn when I start a project. I dont like how the original skeins roll around on me when I'm making something.

I dont use the center pull from my rewound skeins either, because the yarn cakes also fall apart after awhile. The skein stays together, doesnt fall apart when I use it from the outside, and the yarn cakes travel better than a big commercially wound skein of Red Heart.

Archived