It's so unfair!!!!

theworm

The Rag Shop was the closest yarn store to me and now they're closed. I do have a great Michaels up the street a ways, and thats where I shop most.

Last year AC Moore opened in Florida. The closest store to me is about an hour away, but it was 5 minutes from where I used to work, so I went there a few times a week. Then I left that job, and I kept saying - they need to open an AC Moore near me! I hoped they would take over the

Rag Shop location.

Well, they aren't taking that space, but I saw a sign at another location not too far away that they're moving in there. This would be great news, except I'm moving to Indiana, and I'll be gone before they open. Timing is everything and this is just so UNFAIR!!!

There is no AC Moore in Indiana, but I've already been to the LYS and Michaels there. They also have a Joanns, and I'll have my very first Hobby Lobby experience!

Hubby wont go to HL with me though. He's so supportive of my crochet, and goes to yarn stores with me all the time, but he says that HL makes his brain melt and drip out his ears. :lol

where in Indiana you moving too? Don't worry, I feel your pain. Our LYS caters mostly to knitters, and her prices are way out of my budget, so walmart it is for me b/c the closest hobby lobby and joanns is about 45 minutes away.:(

Duckie, we're moving to Bloomington. I see you're a Hoosier, too! Are you near there?

I think that AC Moore is the best craft store I've been to so far - their yarn dept is GREAT, but I suppose with HL, Michaels, Joanns, LYS and the web, I'll get along just fine. The local yarn store sells looms and spinning wheels. I've wanted a loom for some time. Hubby thinks we should buy a home with land because he knows its only a matter of time before I want to start spinning and we'll need land for our alpacas! :lol

Duckie, we're moving to Bloomington. I see you're a Hoosier, too! Are you near there?

I think that AC Moore is the best craft store I've been to so far - their yarn dept is GREAT, but I suppose with HL, Michaels, Joanns, LYS and the web, I'll get along just fine. The local yarn store sells looms and spinning wheels. I've wanted a loom for some time. Hubby thinks we should buy a home with land because he knows its only a matter of time before I want to start spinning and we'll need land for our alpacas!

:lol

Mine said that too! No, Bloomington is about 3 hours South of me. The michaels there is big though. My grandparents live down that way, so I've been to Bloomington quite a bit. When you get settled, try going to little Nashville. It's an artsy shopping town down that way. It's pretty fun! :D But very crowded.

I've already bought yarn at that Michaels! I went there straight from my job interview. :lol

I can't wait to go to Nashville - it sounds wonderful!!!!

We have a lot of family in Indy, Ft Wayne and in some small towns north of Fort Wayne, so we'll be around, but I really really think we'll love the Bloomington area. :)

Archived